Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? Empty
PostSubject: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:18 am

We had the discussion on the TC board about those who have ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Autism, etc, seeming to be more sensitive to the paranormal world.

My son and I were discussing my new found ability and he said that he is not afraid of spirits, but he's afraid to have contact with them because of the harm to his stability it could cause. He said he has enough going on in his head without people injecting new thoughts, too. I wonder if he has something there? He's knows himself very, very well.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
southern charm

southern charm

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 am

onetruebeliever wrote:
We had the discussion on the TC board about those who have ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Autism, etc, seeming to be more sensitive to the paranormal world.

My son and I were discussing my new found ability and he said that he is not afraid of spirits, but he's afraid to have contact with them because of the harm to his stability it could cause. He said he has enough going on in his head without people injecting new thoughts, too. I wonder if he has something there? He's knows himself very, very well.

What do you all think?

Your son does know his mind better than anyone. I can see his point and there is the possibilites it could set him back with messages from the otherside.
SC
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 am

southern charm wrote:
onetruebeliever wrote:

What do you all think?

Your son does know his mind better than anyone. I can see his point and there is the possibilites it could set him back with messages from the otherside.
SC

Yeah, that's what I told him, too. I told him to just tell the spirits to leave him alone, he doesn't want them to bother him. He really does know his mind well.
Back to top Go down
Ussula

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:54 am

contact with spirits can mess with peoples minds in the sense that if they dont believe in it they might think they are hallucinating and go to the shrink, who means well but inadvertently makes it worse.

it can mess with peoples minds when others dont believe and tell them they are crazy.

it can mess with childrens minds when their parents dont believe or yell at them for makin up stories. or when other kids laugh at them for being weird.

as far as actuasl mental illnesses go, i do believe that in mnay cases mental illness and psychic aweareness are related. it is unc,lear to me at this time wether that is becvause the mental illness causes changes in the brain or in the spirit that allows the psychic messages through or wether it is the intensity and energy overwhelming the mind that makes them show mental illnesses.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm

My son was born manic-depressive, actually manic in the womb. I think because his brain is different - it has made him sensitive to spirit activity. He experienced things while in grade school, Whether he suppressed later on, or thought it was episodes, I don't know. He hadn't to my knowledge experienced anything since, until two years ago when we both started seeing our shadow person and in October when he walked into a wall of spirit energy.

I was just curious if those more experienced than me would know. He believes, he's just afraid to lose any stability he has gained over the years.

Back to top Go down
Ussula

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:37 pm

living in this world and remaining stable while having contact with the other side is challenging for sure. it can be an issue for some. but dont let him be afraid to make use of his gifts becvause iof it. theres a reasopn for everything. reassure him of this. tell him he can talk to you anytime about anything he sees and feels etc. that should help him feel better and you can help him stay grounded. teach him the grounding meditation. he can use that each day and any time he feels its needed to help him stay grounded and stable. it is a simple meditation anyone can do.

have him sit somewhere (lying down is fine so long as in thebeginning he doesnt fall asleep. later on when he is more experienced and stronger then fallin alseep is ojk and sometimes desired). have him relax by taking in deep breaths. his belly should move more than his chest. breath slowly but not so slowly that youre holding your breath and breaking concentration. when breathing in envision white light coming into the body through the air. when breathing out slowly envision dark energies , pain, suffering, illness, whatever, leaving the body and being dissolved back into the light.

after a bit of this, when he feels relaxed and ready, move on to next step. then he should envision tree roots growing out from the soles of his feet and tailbone areas (if sitting) or his back or tailbone area (if lying). see the roots grow and dig down deep into the earth untill the reach the core of the earth and wrap around her, becoming one with mother earth. feel her breath, her heartbeat, feel her warmth, the womb of the earth, feel her strength and stability. she is the ground we walk on and the towering mountain as well as the forests and even the caves. strong rock that survives the ages, solid.

as a side note , he might feel a bit cramped for space, claustrophobic, even paniced at thsi point. some people get this way due to the nature of earth energies including the earths womb and caves and other solid cramped spaces. some people with claustrophobic tendencies will experience symptoms of that when doing earth realated meditations. do it anyways. he is in no danger i know of and ive never heard of anyone haveing anythign worse than a panic attack from it. the more he does it, theoretically, the more he will get used to it and the easier it will be.

when he feels grounded enough he can then choose wether to continue into the centering meditation from there or wether he wishes to end the meditation for now. the centering meditation takes the stable earth connect person and at the same time expands their consciousness into the whole universe.

if he continues wioth centering , then he must at the same time stay rooted in the earths core. then see his essence as a intense white light in his solar plexis (chest). watch it grow and expand in every direction, opening itself to the universe. slowly let it expand. envision expanding as far as his imagination of how big the universe is will take him. he should feel a bit light headed at this point. that is ok its normal. again it is a normal reaction since expanding onjes consciousness is an air related meditation which is connected to intelligence or the brain which makes you ligfhtheaded.

for safety precautions, i have never had a problem with this meditation attracting unwanted megative entities and my mentor has never felt the need to tell me to worry about it. but just in case you may want to have him also envision a white light circel around himself as he does these meditations. white light circles are used for protection.

now i cannot guarantee success with this method. it works and helps people but everyone is different. but give it a try and see.
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 pm

is he scared to try or just plain out doesn't want to? If he doesnt want to then that's his right and choice. If he's interested but worried about the regression then I'd have him start with easy steps.

Meditation is good for anyone-mental illness or not. It helps re balance your brain with the slowness that time really is. Even if he just takes a minute (literally a minute would work-more is always better tho) of quiet time once or twice a day it helps us to realize that time really can help us put things into perspective. Even if it's just to organize our thoughts or schedule. I do a "quiet" time every night before I put my kids to bed. I then ask them about their favorite part of the day. This not only helps them to reflect on things that happened during the day with the quiet time, but it helps them always try to find a positive note to end the day on Smile
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalga.forumotion.com
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:16 am

RATTISSIA wrote:
is he scared to try or just plain out doesn't want to? If he doesnt want to then that's his right and choice. If he's interested but worried about the regression then I'd have him start with easy steps.

Meditation is good for anyone-mental illness or not. It helps re balance your brain with the slowness that time really is. Even if he just takes a minute (literally a minute would work-more is always better tho) of quiet time once or twice a day it helps us to realize that time really can help us put things into perspective. Even if it's just to organize our thoughts or schedule. I do a "quiet" time every night before I put my kids to bed. I then ask them about their favorite part of the day. This not only helps them to reflect on things that happened during the day with the quiet time, but it helps them always try to find a positive note to end the day on Smile

No, he's not scared of the spirits, he's scared of regressing. He was so frightened before stability that he has been very conscientious about his meds. He never wants to go back to that state again. He said that's his fear. He is fascinated by the prospect, but doesn't want to jeopardize himself. He has such a hard time anyway, I don't blame him. His psych doc gave him the meditation to try. He lives in mania and it's difficult for him to relax enough. Maybe one day he'll want contact, but right now - no. He'll learn about our spirits vicariously.
Back to top Go down
southern charm

southern charm

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 pm

[quote="onetruebelieverNo, he's not scared of the spirits, he's scared of regressing. He was so frightened before stability that he has been very conscientious about his meds. He never wants to go back to that state again. He said that's his fear. He is fascinated by the prospect, but doesn't want to jeopardize himself. He has such a hard time anyway, I don't blame him. His psych doc gave him the meditation to try. He lives in mania and it's difficult for him to relax enough. Maybe one day he'll want contact, but right now - no. He'll learn about our spirits vicariously.[/quote]

OTB, I understand his fear as I have a daughter who is also bipolar, with all the voices and imput in hiis braiin on any day, I can see why he would not want to encourage other imput. As a nurse I would say let him come to his own conclusions as neither he nor you want another set back. He appears to be doing well, and if he never wants to develope any psychic abilities that is fine too.
SC
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm

I think this is probaly a post that my friend would be better to answer then I. I know she's manic depressive and goes on and off her meds as she's learned to control the episodes to a degree. When the extremes hit harder then she can control she pops on her meds. She's also got psychic abilities. She and I kind of balance each other out. I see them more then I hear them but I can hear them some quite a bit. She more hears then sees. So when we get together we're quite a pair.

As for how she's felt about interacting with spirits it's always seem like she's liked the interaction. I don't know if she has any advice she's found works for her with the interactions verses the bipolar element though. I'll call her in a bit n ask Smile
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for your input guys. I do so appreciate it. I love you Sadly, My son will never be able to go without his meds. But, he has learned to live with his illness and he knows what he can and cannot do to stay stable and happy. He knows himself better than most non ill people know themselves. I will never push him to do this. If he chooses later on to communicate, that's fine. He'll just "visit" through me for now. [wizard]
Back to top Go down
southern charm

southern charm

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 pm

onetruebeliever wrote:
Thanks for your input guys. I do so appreciate it. I love you Sadly, My son will never be able to go without his meds. But, he has learned to live with his illness and he knows what he can and cannot do to stay stable and happy. He knows himself better than most non ill people know themselves. I will never push him to do this. If he chooses later on to communicate, that's fine. He'll just "visit" through me for now. [wizard]

Very wise choice!
SC
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

southern charm wrote:
onetruebeliever wrote:

Very wise choice!
SC

Stability is so fragile. I don't want him to try anything that could jeopardize it. He wanted to know - he questions a lot before attempting anything new. I put the question out there for him. So, I appreciate everyone's input and ideas.
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

ok, I called her and she said if he tried it might very well make him have problems with controlling the moods. She said when she started she relied a lot on me to have me regulate who would talk to her and when. This helped her get her footing in it. Where you're not able to do this for him yet and where he's nervous I think the living vicariously through us for now is a good step to go until he feels he might be ready.
Back to top Go down
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi OTB, I think your son is right not to communicate with these enitities. All enitities draw energy from those they are around. I'm sure your son needs all the energy he can muster to keep himself in the possitive and not slip into the negative. He knows he needs to keep all his energy for himself. The entities pretty much need to stay away from him at all times. I have been told that a person who intends to skip the recharge process, but go directly into another body need to save up alot of energy. Or a soul that has started to slide into the negative needs extra energy to replace the lost energy and must hold on to every bit of energy it can create. If they want to communicate with him perhaps they can send messages through someone else if there are karmatic things to be worked out.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:39 am

As far as I can tell, they are not trying to communicate with him anymore. I think because they knew he could feel them, they tried telepathy. He was getting headaches every day for a while for no apparent reason. I asked them to stop and talk only to me. Immedietly the headaches went away. They are showing themselves and I know they are here - we see shadows and things happen. So far they have abided by my rules. I told him to tell them himself to stay away if they bother him.
Back to top Go down
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Would you happen to remember what part of his head hurt when he was having the headaches?

I'm glad to hear that they are abiding peacefully with you.I wish the ones that are coming to me now were peaceful. active, annoying and of a rare occasion extremely painful is what I am blessed with right now. LOL
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Sorry Sharra. He said he doesn't remember. He has so many phantom aches and pains that I tend to ignore it most of the time. LOL If he does remember, I'll let you know. He's actually being a bit of a butt today -grouchy.
Back to top Go down
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks OTB. I understand grouchy the heat is making everyone that way. I had to call the police to remove a customer who lost it in the middle of the store. It's most depressing to look at the temp. and it says 113 in the shade. Uuuuggg I'm melting. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?   Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would spirit contact mess with someone's mind?
Page 1 of 1