Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? Empty
PostSubject: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 am

I believe it was Southern Charm who touched on this at some point. If a spirit was sick, or not so nice in this world, do they change for the better? Does their illness go away when they pass over? Like a mean spirited alcoholic, or untreated manic-depressive. Do spirits get better? If they want to learn and progress does their personality change to the good as they learn?
Back to top Go down
Lazerus_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Well sadly I think what I’m about to say will probably just confuse the issue more. I don’t see any reason why they cannot change, but on the same note I have never seen it happen. In some cases it may not be possible at all.
In one case the spirit I ran into appear to be fully conscious or self aware while this is fairly rare you will find every now and then run into one that is capable of thought and can change their actions. With these sprits I can so no reason that they could not learn and improve themselves.

However in most cases what you are seeing is not so much a sprit as it is a recording imprinted in the environment of a living person. The best example I can give of this is my grandfather’s ghost. My grandfather during his life he was an alcoholic and worked swing shift for the majority of his life. As a result he would get home from work around 2am, and enter his basement workshop. Around 2:30 Am he would generally start to get frustrated and march upstairs grumbling about it. Once upstairs he would check on my mother, and grandmother to ensure they were sleeping, and everything was ok. After this he would enter the kitchen get beer and head out on the front porch to get drunk.

Now then when I first moved into my grandparents house around the time I was 14 we were painting the house, and had plastic all over the floor. I had set my bed up in the living room, and was sound asleep when at 2:30 in the morning I hear someone in the basement. I hear as they kick over a bucket of water, and swear a bit then I hear the heavy sound of work boots coming up the back stairs. I’m 14 years old laying in bed in a new house and to say the least I is terrified. I roll to one side to see this person if they enter the living room. By this point the sounds has entered the kitchen which I have a clear view of, but cannot see any one. The foot falls then enter the living room with me, and it suddenly occurs to me that I can hear the footsteps on the floor…not the plastic that is covering the floor. I immediately flip on the light, and to my horror the sound of footsteps doesn’t stop, but continues into the hallway. They head down the hallway into my grandmothers old bedroom. All the while I am turning on lights and following the sound. In the bed room I can hear a man grumbling or talking to himself, at which point I hear as this person turns and walks back down to the hall to my mother’s old room. Again grumbling and the sound of footsteps again as he leaves this bedroom as well. The footsteps now enter the kitchen where to my surprise I hear the refrigerator door open despite the fact that the fridge is currently sitting on the front law with the rest of the kitchen appliances for painting. I hear the clanking of bottles, and then the footsteps again this time walking to the front door as they near the front door they start to fade and echo as if walking through a tunnel and eventually stop.
This whole event lasts about 6 minutes all together it was repeated the next night for my father who joined me the next night after being told of what happened. We have heard it 2 other times over the years. The only explanation that I have is that my grandfather followed this exact routine for nearly 30 years with such timing that the routine itself has been imprinted into the walls of the home. There is no thought process it plays like a recording, and so changing it is no longer possible.

Ran onto this right after posted had to come back and add it.
Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? 20050928
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:13 pm

casey lol that picture was horrible but funny. you should post that in the comedy section too so people see it more.

as for the origional question, yes they can get better. The hormonal imbalances that happen with the body can be balanced out once the hormones are gone. However, their emotional tendencies are up to them if they want to change them.

As for casey's response, yes they often do follow the same routine. However sometimes the routine you're mentioning is more of a "residual" haunting. A action or task done over and over in pattern. This can sometimes actually be one that the spirit of the house keeps (again, I believe more than just humans and animals have spirits). It could also be the spirit doing the same thing that it did when alive because 1. it's just it's habit or 2. it's trying to let someone know that it is who it is. What better way to get identified then to do something they damn well know is you?

In response more to Casey, you said it happened two nights in a row. You were to wittness the first then it happened again for your dad to notice it to identify it. After that it happened only two other times. If the spirit was stuck in that habitual pattern unconditionally I think you would have heard it more than that. Sometimes we revisit our memories or old actions. I'm sure they do the same. Doesn't mean that the relapse is who we now are or who we will always be. But it's just a visit back or a identification.

So yes, they can. Will they, is up to them.
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalga.forumotion.com
Lazerus_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Well to be honest the reason I feel that we have not heard it more often after that is because the house is so different. If you look at this as a recording stand point where is recording stored? Well after the 2nd night we painted 80% of the house took out 2 walls, and put up one wall blocking the hallway that used to join my mother, and grandmothers rooms. We also renovated the bathroom and kitchen pretty drastically. Basically everything above basement level is very different. Now the basement is basically the same his old work room is there with most of his tools in basically the same condition as when he died….. This is also the area of the house with the most activity to date. Not only do we hear him working in his work room fairly often still, but there are 5 other spirits in the home, every one of them has been spotted in the basement, but not upstairs.

I agree with your post though I think we’re are talking about different categories at this point. What I gave as an example is what I would consider a very basic spirit not much more than an imprint really. Other types of spirits could very easily answer questions and even interact with you, and I think that’s more the type of sprit you are talking about in your post.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Thank you you two. I am actually wondering, because if the spirit Robert is my father, I would hope he is better now. When he was here he was not such a good person. He was when I was real little, though. I am going to ask if he's wanting to speak with me. Maybe whoever it is just wants to speak through Peter and Emily.
Back to top Go down
southern charm

southern charm

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 pm

onetruebeliever wrote:
Thank you you two. I am actually wondering, because if the spirit Robert is my father, I would hope he is better now. When he was here he was not such a good person. He was when I was real little, though. I am going to ask if he's wanting to speak with me. Maybe whoever it is just wants to speak through Peter and Emily.

OTB, based on my experiences with spirits, yes spirits can change. I found insane people who were now sane. People who were very unkind and mean were now just the opposite. Not every spirit for some reason does go through what Savannah called a cleansing process after they pass over. Spirits have free will so perhaps some do decide not to change.
SC
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Southern Charm wrote:

OTB, based on my experiences with spirits, yes spirits can change. I found insane people who were now sane. People who were very unkind and mean were now just the opposite. Not every spirit for some reason does go through what Savannah called a cleansing process after they pass over. Spirits have free will so perhaps some do decide not to change.
SC

Thank you SC. If the spirit is really my Dad, he is better. He said he was better and was happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?   Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can spirit's personalities change for the better after they pass over?
Page 1 of 1