Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are fairies real?

Go down 
+6
RATTISSIA
Ussula
Topper
wendy18
onetruebeliever
southern charm
10 posters
AuthorMessage
southern charm

southern charm

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 pm

I don't think we have discussed this topic, so I thought I would see what others think.

I was always told that fairies are nature spirits and are usually seen only by children. Adults see them as a mist or orb of light in the woods or gardens. I personally have never seen them, but I do know a lady who says she has always seen them since childhood. I do think fairies exist, what about your thoughts.

I think personally that fairies are seen or at least mentioned more in Europe than here in the states. Any way, I think the idea of fairies is nice Very Happy
Southern Charm
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Fairies and elves are a huge part of Celtic lore. I haven't really thought about it. I think maybe they once were. All myths and legends have a bit of truth to them. It's one of those ideas that make me think when people were very in tune with theire natural surroundings, they did interact with them. Just because I've never seen one doesn't mean it's not real. I think maybe elves did exist at one time - there are humans that have elfin features, just as there are people who have Neanderthal features.
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 pm

I think they are like the devas of the nature kingdom. In some parts of the UK, you cannot build on a place that is a known "Faery Path". So the belief is well known. I call them "Elementals". spirits, who can help or hurt depending upon our treatment of the Earth.
Yes. I do believe.
Back to top Go down
Topper
Admin
Topper

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:23 pm

This topic reminds me of a pic that Dentor59 had posted. The shot contained something that looked as if it might be a fairy.
I now wonder if the bright colored lights or orbs as they are referred to could possibly be this.
Just a thought.

Topper
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:16 am

Topper wrote:
This topic reminds me of a pic that Dentor59 had posted. The shot contained something that looked as if it might be a fairy.
I now wonder if the bright colored lights or orbs as they are referred to could possibly be this.
Just a thought.

Topper

I thought about his pic, too. That was a really neat pic.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:21 am

wendy18 wrote:
I think they are like the devas of the nature kingdom. In some parts of the UK, you cannot build on a place that is a known "Faery Path". So the belief is well known. I call them "Elementals". spirits, who can help or hurt depending upon our treatment of the Earth.
Yes. I do believe.

In Ireland, the areas are called faery wraiths - GH did a couple of shows over there. Some of the best in recent years. Fairies are very ingrained in their culture, so they probably are real. Supposedly, anyone who builds and lives inside the wraith has a lot of troubles. The Norse also have tales like that.
Back to top Go down
Ussula

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 pm

southern charm wrote:
I don't think we have discussed this topic, so I thought I would see what others think.

I was always told that fairies are nature spirits and are usually seen only by children. Adults see them as a mist or orb of light in the woods or gardens. I personally have never seen them, but I do know a lady who says she has always seen them since childhood. I do think fairies exist, what about your thoughts.

I think personally that fairies are seen or at least mentioned more in Europe than here in the states. Any way, I think the idea of fairies is nice Very Happy
Southern Charm

fairies are nature spirits. they are from europe, especially the celtic regions. they are known to have 2 courts, the seelie and nonseelie courts (spelling?) the seelie fairies are thought to be very pretty , organized, ordered, of the light side, but very pompous and snooty. the nonseelie court fairies consist of those born into it and those banished from the seelie court. they are the dark side, the rebels, even somewhat evil.

honestly i cant say for sure what they look like. some say they are like in story books with beautiful wings and human like bodies. but i have also heard descriptions of harpy like fairies. these could belong to the nonseelie court but again im not sure on that detail. either way, one unifying personality trait they all share is a love of practical jokes and mischief. they are often blamed for anything that comes up missing. especially if a person just had the object and know where they put it , turn around and its gone. if this ever happens and you honestly think you have fairies dont m,ake the mistake of yelling at them or ordering them to give it back. fairies are supposed to have fragile egos and be proud creatures whose feelings are easily hurt by humans and who are easily angered for disredspect shown to them by humans. instead, simply say something like "haha wow that was an excellent joke! good one! but if you dont mind would you please be so kind as to give it back now? i really need it...thanks". and when they give it back eventually (not always immediately) be sure to thank them again. say things like "oh thankyou so much that is very generous of you." i think they just simply have a different idea ofg ownership and belonging to than humans do so they dont think so much of taking stuff...kinda like humans dont actually own the land thewir houses are on although we all think we do... but i have used this approach before personally and had good results.

as an example, i once had a friend over. he had set his keys on my dresser. i saw him do it. i knew they were there. i didnt touch them and neither did he. nothing happned that we could see that would have knockled them off the dresser or whatever. but when he turned artound they were gone. so i told him to say exactly what i told you guys a moment before. he turned back around and they were there again. (this was happening at a point in time lots of things in my house were comin up missing. once i started asking for them back nicely most showed back up. it was also at a time when i was still new to my path so i think the fairies might have been curious and coming to see what i was about.

but that isnt the only time it happened to someone in my presence. i was once on a road trip with friends and we stopped at a motel. my friend had a set of keys. she set them down on the bathroom counter. a couple hours later they were no where to be found. she was also on the same path as me so she knew what that might mean. she asked politely for them back, turned around, and there they were.

so do i believe in faiories? i believe that there is some sort of mischeivious nature spirit out there of the fae nature that seems to fit the descriptions. i do not recommend ever being mean to them because they are vengeful. if anyone has problems with fairies takin their jokes overboard that could be a sign you actually have the nonseelie ones as they are rebellious and oftem mean to people. in that case you dso need to get rid f it but dont go runnin off to banish it just yet. it can be hard to know for sure which one you have and either way they are vengeful like i dsaid. if you get rid of one that dont mean its buddies wont be mad and come mess with you. so if anyone hads issues with this stuff , first contact someone that knows about it to help you figure it out.

i personally do not know enough about them to be able to say for sure this is seelie or this is nonseelie, and i never really wanted to get rid of the ones near me so i dont know how to get rid of them but i can find out if its needed.

as to why they specifically like to take peoples stuff...i think they jsut like shiny and jingly stuff like bells and keys and jewelry. lots of fae like shiny stuff...
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Mine must be the mishevous ones, as they often take my things, especially jewelry, and misplace them or simply lose them. I have people who have actually seen jewelry fall off my body
I have lost earrings only to find them in a book on a bookshelf. I never buy expensive jewelry any longer. I actually threw out a [air of gold earrings because they were being "messed with". I just got tired of it. Apparently the "Fae" d not like me having gold of any kind.
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:39 am

Yup, I do believe there are faeries. Ussula did a very good post pointing out a lot of traits about them that I have learned about too. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalga.forumotion.com
Topper
Admin
Topper

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Are faires real   Are fairies real? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:18 pm

RATTISSIA wrote:
Yup, I do believe there are faeries. Ussula did a very good post pointing out a lot of traits about them that I have learned about too. cheers

I agree. Good info. Ussula really took to the ground running when she joined this group. It's exciting to see our gang of mixed talents in action again. Great topic starter from SC and good contributions from all! I'm feeling a warm pyshic fuzzie here. Very Happy

Topper
Back to top Go down
babs51

babs51

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Good post Ussula
Are you talking about the Sidhe? I think what most people think of as fairies are the nature spirits, elememtals and devas of the green realm.
Back to top Go down
taylormarie84

taylormarie84

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Another thing we haven't discussed...   Are fairies real? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 pm

southern charm wrote:

Southern Charm

I personally don't know about fairies.

But, another thing I haven't heard of is big foot. lol

Do you believe in big foot?

I wanna hear your opinions.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Starsinger

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 pm

I grew up hearing stories about faeries. My dad was irish, and quite a storyteller. He always said not to insult a faery because you'd be very sorry. I think they must be nature spirits too. It's said here are different faeries for the different seasons. I really think they do exist. I have memories of seeing them as a small child. Theyi were very tiny winged people who flitted about very quickly. I don't see them now, but my granddaughter does. LOL! We had to tell her not to talk to just anyone about them. She kept asking why people couldn't see them. I know that if you take good care of mother earth, and be respectful of the little ones you'll usually have fantastic flowers. I swear! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharra1515

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:15 am

I believe, I believe (hands clapping)**Peter Pan** I love fairies. Author C.J. Cherryh wrote an awesome story about the good and bad fairies I have read it maybe ten times. Arafel was her name Meaning happiness,joy. C.J. did a lot of research on High court elves and the low court elves. Like the Bainshee, Shelly coat, Ewhiskey, and brownies to name a few. After reading the book I wondered if maybe she knew afew fairies.
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: The Findhorn Garden   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

If anyone has the chance to read this story, it is fascinating. I never really understood about the nature "devas" until I read this book. For a little more history, here is a link.

http://www.findhorn.org/aboutus/vision/history/

Thanks

Back to top Go down
babs51

babs51

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Yes. It's a classic for us old hippies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Topper
Admin
Topper

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Are faries real   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

wendy18 wrote:
If anyone has the chance to read this story, it is fascinating. I never really understood about the nature "devas" until I read this book. For a little more history, here is a link.

http://www.findhorn.org/aboutus/vision/history/

Thanks

Ooh another link! I do love links. Thanks so much for sharring Wendy18. Very Happy
Topper
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Off topic   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm

babs51 wrote:
Yes. It's a classic for us old hippies Very Happy

This is off topic. I had to laugh at "us old hippies." We get Palladia and they often show concerts from the mid 60's -early 70's. It is a trip back in time. My youngest son watches them and says most of the bands are pretty good. He does get annoyed when I sing along or dance around the room though! Very Happy He has a hard time with the clothes. Ah, memories! flower
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi Topper, here is another link if you want to know your Elvish name, ala LOTR's. Faerys and Elves seem to go hand in hand, so to speak.

http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/index.php

Back to top Go down
Sharra1515

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:14 pm

I do I do lol! belive in fairys

katie/sharra little girl
Back to top Go down
taylormarie84

taylormarie84

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Hahaha.

Nice, Sharra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are fairies real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are fairies real?   Are fairies real? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are fairies real?
Page 1 of 1