Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
southern charm

southern charm

LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities Empty
PostSubject: LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

I thought I would throw this out and see what others think

. Does the fact those who experience life difficulties are more in tune with their abillities??????

As for myself, I have a daughter who is bipolar, I have had two very bad marriages, I have suffered with RA for most of my life. I know Savannah had a bipolar daughter, she lost a son who died at the age of 35, her husband died in Vietnam.

I am not asking anyone to share personal experiences, but do you think having gone through difficult times makes us more in tune with our abilities?
Southern Charm
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 pm

That is a great question. I had to think on this for a while. I suppose that it could be preordained in the universe that certain people are going to have difficult lives. Just puttin' that out there. Maybe we are born ready to live this preordained life, BUT we have the will and desire to make it better, to change the possible outcome. This lends itself to past life experience. I know you don't believe in past lives, but it does make sense.

My mother's parents loved each other deeply and raised a good family. My father's family, I am positive now, had bipolar disorder. All but one sibling had a drinking problem. Because my mother was not Irish Catholic, my dad's mother had little to do with us. She was not a happy person. As a result, we did not know them very well. My dad was ,at the least, cyclothymic (mild bp) and alcoholic. My parents divorced when I was 16. That was a very, very good thing.

My youngest son is bipolar, very severe, from birth. Life has been difficult. But it is good now. So all that being said, Shocked ....

Maybe we are born needing help from the spirit plane. We do not need to ask for this help. It is known, understood (again, past lives). Psychic abilities may be born with us because we need them at some point in our lives. The difficulties maybe awaken the abilities, sending out some sort of cosmic distress signal. It is up to us to recognize and utilize these abilities. Some do this earlier than others. Mine were "buried" for 50 years. But, I do know that when my son was so very ill, I had a comforting presence telling me to keep my chin up - it will be okay. That distress signal did its job.
Back to top Go down
southern charm

southern charm

PostSubject: Re: LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Onetruebeliever, I am so happy your son is doing better. My daughter is also doing much better, but I found out this morning she has stopped taking her meds, needless to say I had a fit. I went and got them filled so she has noexcuse.

Back to topic, I do believe we all are born with psychic abilities of varying types and strengths, some people develope these and others do not for many reasons. You made some good points, I think because we have these abilities when we encounter stressful situations as you say our interspirits send out a signal letting our guide or guides know what we are needing to meet that need. Laughing
SC

Back to top Go down
Topper
Admin
Topper

PostSubject: Life Difficuities and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm

southern charm wrote:
I thought I would throw this out and see what others think

. Does the fact those who experience life difficulties are more in tune with their abillities??????

As for myself, I have a daughter who is bipolar, I have had two very bad marriages, I have suffered with RA for most of my life. I know Savannah had a bipolar daughter, she lost a son who died at the age of 35, her husband died in Vietnam.

I am not asking anyone to share personal experiences, but do you think having gone through difficult times makes us more in tune with our abilities?
Southern Charm

Yes Southern Charm. I would tend to agree with this observation.

I won't go into too much detail but the women on both sides of my family have lived difficult lives. Myself being no exception.

I believe when regarding people with such backgrounds that often these abilities aid in the survival due to enviroment. In essence they sometimes replace basic life skills not more developed by more traditional means.

Many of my early years were spent either in complete isolation or abuse so my social skills along with other much needed skills were serverely lacking.

As a result I've been termed a fuctional miricale on more than one occasion. Knowing this I simply have come to the conclusion that what difficulties we are faced with along with how we deal with them determine who we become.

Also nature, thou cruel at times, often replaces one lost or lessor sense with the improvement of another so that might also support your thought.

Topper
Back to top Go down
sweets65

sweets65

PostSubject: Re: LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 pm

I think that difficult times can make us look inside for answers, we may then find that psychic and spiritual part of us that exists in us all. For me, the most painful times of my life made me dig deeper and find answers I otherwise would never have found. In a way, these times have been a blessing. (I didn't think so during those times but after)
These same difficulties help us to serve others using our abilities and increasing our compassion and empathy.
sweets
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

PostSubject: Yes, I do believe so   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 pm

I have had a tumultuous life, including sexual and mental abuse as a child, anxious nature, losing two homes, divorce from an abusive marriage. Then I got MS and had a horrible psychotic reaction from the high doses of steroids.
I think life, as in any profession, gives us a certain intuitiveness. It makes us look beyond for answers as well. It makes us more spiritually aware as we cannot find answers elsewhere. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:33 am

wendy18 wrote:
I have had a tumultuous life, including sexual and mental abuse as a child, anxious nature, losing two homes, divorce from an abusive marriage. Then I got MS and had a horrible psychotic reaction from the high doses of steroids.
I think life, as in any profession, gives us a certain intuitiveness. It makes us look beyond for answers as well. It makes us more spiritually aware as we cannot find answers elsewhere. JMHO.

Difficulties make us stronger, that's for sure! I agree that because we are searching for answers and solutions, we do instinctively react. I took me a very long time to be able to hear what my guides were telling me. Maybe that intuitiveness is really the thoughts impressed upon us by our spirit guides - we just have to recognize their presence. Good discussion.
Back to top Go down
Topper
Admin
Topper

PostSubject: Life's difficulities and the paranormal   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:16 pm

wendy18 wrote:

Yes Wendy, I very much agree. All these things make us more spiritually aware. When I find myself faced with life's difficulities I try to take the time to remember this.

Sadly I'm not always sucessful until after the fact....

Topper
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

PostSubject: RE topic   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 am

At least I learned some stuff during my psychosis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities   LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities Empty

Back to top Go down

LIfe Difficulties and Psychic abilities
Page 1 of 1