Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A lost young man from the Civil War

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
southern charm

southern charm

A lost young man from the Civil War Empty
PostSubject: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

As most of you know I am an avid genealogist and was certified at one time. My great great grandmother lost 5 sons in the civil war, I have been able to find the burial location of 4 of them, but Peter had eluded me for years. Over the past week I have thought a lot about him and looked and read everything I could about the battles his unit was in, was in hopping to find where the burial sites were for the battleground.

This afternoon I decided to take a little nap, I must have been asleep for 15 or 20 minutes when I woke up knowing i was not alone in the room. I turned over and there in his confederate greys was a young man. I asked what I could do to help him, he said he could help me,

His words to me was I am Peter, I did not die in battle I died of typhoid at Sharpsburg MD after the battle of Antietam, Thank you. Them he was gone. Now I just need to make contact with him again and find where at or near Sharpsburg he is burried. Hopefully not in an unmarked grave as many were.

Southern Charm
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:27 am

I hope you have luck finding him. I dont know his last name or anything but I hope you find some luck with locating him.

doing genealogy is a HUGE thing here in Utah. ancestry.com was started here. The dominant religion here is big into it so that's why its so popular here.
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalga.forumotion.com
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 am

southern charm wrote:
As most of you know I am an avid genealogist and was certified at one time. My great great grandmother lost 5 sons in the civil war, I have been able to find the burial location of 4 of them, but Peter had eluded me for years. Over the past week I have thought a lot about him and looked and read everything I could about the battles his unit was in, was in hopping to find where the burial sites were for the battleground.

This afternoon I decided to take a little nap, I must have been asleep for 15 or 20 minutes when I woke up knowing i was not alone in the room. I turned over and there in his confederate greys was a young man. I asked what I could do to help him, he said he could help me,

His words to me was I am Peter, I did not die in battle I died of typhoid at Sharpsburg MD after the battle of Antietam, Thank you. Them he was gone. Now I just need to make contact with him again and find where at or near Sharpsburg he is burried. Hopefully not in an unmarked grave as many were.

Southern Charm

How sad to lose so many children. I hope you can find his grave. I have not done much family research, but would like to. My Dad did geneology on his family many years ago, but I never found out what he found (we were not in touch). He did go to Ireland to meet the family that never left or went back, before he died. I do know that his mother came over as an infant in the late 1890's.

This is really weird. When I met my resident spirit, he said his name was Peter and he had lived on our land . He said he died in 1850 at the age of 10(I got this age twice). I met a young lady spirit named Emily who says she is Peter's sister. She was 15 when she died of typhoid fever. I need to find out if my Peter died of the same. Peter and typhoid in each of our visitations.... I need to find out more about them.
Back to top Go down
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Wow I hope you can find him. That would be so awesome.
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Familysearch.org is the website that the dominant religion of Utah (Lds or Mormon) has. It's free to use and they TONS of people who work on genealogy all the time. For example my mom does genealogy probably for at least 5 hours a day. All for free for her church. She orders in birth certificates in from all over the world all the time just to make sure she's indexing people to the right family. I know that she's not the only one. There's gotta be hundreds of thousands of people who do it like my mom does. So check there if you havent. Where you're into it I'm sure you've heard of the site already. But I wanted to pass it to you just in case you hadn't.
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalga.forumotion.com
southern charm

southern charm

PostSubject: Re: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm

RATTISSIA wrote:
Familysearch.org is the website that the dominant religion of Utah (Lds or Mormon) has. It's free to use and they TONS of people who work on genealogy all the time. For example my mom does genealogy probably for at least 5 hours a day. All for free for her church. She orders in birth certificates in from all over the world all the time just to make sure she's indexing people to the right family. I know that she's not the only one. There's gotta be hundreds of thousands of people who do it like my mom does. So check there if you havent. Where you're into it I'm sure you've heard of the site already. But I wanted to pass it to you just in case you hadn't.

Thank you, but I have tried Rattissia, and spend hundreds of dollars looking for where Peter is buried. I fear he was placed in a mass grave espeially with all the deaths at Antietam. I have his war record but parts are missing. I am hoping to make contact again with Peter and perhaps he can give me a clue.
SC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lost young man from the Civil War   A lost young man from the Civil War Empty

Back to top Go down

A lost young man from the Civil War
Page 1 of 1