Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What books do you all like?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

What books do you all like? Empty
PostSubject: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:57 am

Since we were talking movies, books and novels seemed like a good topic too. Historical novels are my favorite, with Stephen King type novels a close second. I have read and reread the Diana Gabaldon time traveler series twice, with the exception of her latest. I have been trying to learn about my new found ability and spirits. The novel is there waiting for me. I also adore the Jean Auel earth's children series. Read these twice. I find these so fascinating. I feel like I was there. I have not purchased her latest, yet. I will either get it from the library or wait til it comes out in paperback.

I like Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth and the sequel very much. The tv adaptation was excellent. Again, I read those twice. I do alot of reading of non-fiction books as well. Reading relaxes me and makes me sleepy, so it takes me a while to finish a long novel.

Later - I also like Little Women, Dr. Zhivago, and Gone with the Wind. There are so many.

Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin
RATTISSIA

PostSubject: Re: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Sadly with school I don't have time to read much. I actually checked out 3 books a month ago hoping to read them in conjunction with my studies. I got to page 5 of one of the books and didn't even get to touch the others. lol...well I guess that's what summer is for.

I also like historical novels. History based fiction mostly. The books written by Pearl S. Buck changed my life. The first one I read of hers was The Good Earth back when I was 9. It's her writing that started my love with the oriental culture, history, language, etc. Though oddly enough her novels are based out of China (she lived there for some time as her parents were missionaries when she was little) I fell more in love with Japan then China. A lot of the cultural imprints are similar though.

I also like biographies. I love to see how people think and what they did to succeed.

Oddly enough I am weary of some science fiction. affraid (seems a contradictory statement on a paranormal board..lol) I will read some but it has to have some chance of seeming plausible for me to enjoy it.

Oh and to add in, just because apparently im weird for this..I like to read my math text books. Apparently I'm the only student in my last 2 classes that actually reads the book in addition to going to every class. [monster]
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalga.forumotion.com
taylormarie84

taylormarie84

PostSubject: Re: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:04 pm

All The Lovely Bad Ones, Evermore, City of Bones, I Am Number Four, Blue Moon, The Hunger Games... Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

PostSubject: I really like   What books do you all like? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 pm

The Vampire diaries from Anne Rice. Lestat is one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately, she refuses editing now so her books are rather tangential. I also loved "The Holographic Universe" as well as novels from Micheal Critchton. I tend to read a lot of paranormal stuff, but I like to read up on scientific articles in magazines or news . "The Seat of the Soul" is another favorite, though rather boring. "The Lord of the Rings" including "The Hobbit" are my favorites of all time.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 am

wendy18 wrote:
The Vampire diaries from Anne Rice. Lestat is one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately, she refuses editing now so her books are rather tangential. I also loved "The Holographic Universe" as well as novels from Micheal Critchton. I tend to read a lot of paranormal stuff, but I like to read up on scientific articles in magazines or news . "The Seat of the Soul" is another favorite, though rather boring. "The Lord of the Rings" including "The Hobbit" are my favorites of all time.

Yes, Michael Critchton novels for sure. The Vampire diaries I liked as well. I started to read her The Witches(?), but I couldn't finish it - my son's illness took over. I have not read the Ring trilogy. I tried The Hobbit, but I just could not get through the first couple of chapters. Dean Koontz is another favorite. Nora Robert's novels, too. The list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
wendy18

wendy18

PostSubject: Re: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:37 am

onetruebeliever wrote:
wendy18 wrote:

Yes, Michael Critchton novels for sure. The Vampire diaries I liked as well. I started to read her The Witches(?), but I couldn't finish it - my son's illness took over. I have not read the Ring trilogy. I tried The Hobbit, but I just could not get through the first couple of chapters. Dean Koontz is another favorite. Nora Robert's novels, too. The list goes on and on.

Oh, the "witching hour" was one long book, that's for sure. I was hooked on Dean Koontz for a long time. If you like animals, James Herriots's books are great.
Back to top Go down
Luvchild

Luvchild

PostSubject: Re: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Oh cool, books. Yeah, I've read a few. I love reading biographies. I've read a couple of books on the beautiful Katherine Hepburn, she had a very interesting life. I've read many books on John Lennon, I highly recommend Lennon, by Cynthia Lennon, it was an eye opener for me. I've been very obsessed with the tragic end to Titanic ever since I was a teen. I have an entire VHS tape filled with shows about the Titanic , and am currently reading about it as well. I think Joan Crawford will be next, ever since the movie Mommy Dearest I think she would make for some interesting reading. I love reading about other people, and I think reading about Joan Crawford will help me appreciate myself more. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What books do you all like?   What books do you all like? Empty

Back to top Go down

What books do you all like?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc :: Talk to me :: Social Corner-
Jump to: