This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can I be trying too hard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:32 am

I think I have been trying too hard to communicate with my spirits. I start conversing with whoever and if I keep asking questions it's like they get upset and want to leave. Specifically the spirit who says he's my resident. He gave me some info and I was trying to find out more. I need to let them tell me what they want me to know -yes? My guide said to relax and let them. I had no trouble connecting before yesterday afternoon.

Peter gave me a name he says was his last name. He said he lived on this land and died in 1850. Maybe this is where I screwed up - I tried to find info on the family name for this area - I could not find anything. Could he have gotten upset? All I got this morning was sort of a jumbled mess. Maybe I'm too tense. I am confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:59 am

Goodness. Slow down a bit. Relax. It might be the energy you are sending out. When I read your post the energy and emotion in it hit me like a wave. You really pack a punch. I think you should let them do it their way. I don't know what it's like to be a ghost but so much contact and communication could be draining. SC might know. Ghosts don't talk to me but they do interact. Had an experience last night this one was watching out for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:26 pm

They usually contact me, but yesterday It was me who wanted to find out more. Embarassed "Curiosity killed the cat!" I know I need to relax more. This is so new and so exciting! I want know more about my spirits. I have to let this all unfold on it's own. Thanks for reminding to take a breath!! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Your welcome. I have experienced strong emotions in posts but yours wins. You should try send messages to your friends and see if they receive them. You may not need a phone anymore. LOL!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Sharra1515 wrote:
Goodness. Slow down a bit. Relax. It might be the energy you are sending out. When I read your post the energy and emotion in it hit me like a wave. You really pack a punch. I think you should let them do it their way. I don't know what it's like to be a ghost but so much contact and communication could be draining. SC might know. Ghosts don't talk to me but they do interact. Had an experience last night this one was watching out for me.

Sharra. WOW! You too! I did as well. Got to see who's been trying to contact me last night and now her image is burned into my mind. Got so excited I ran right out and called Rattissia. She was with me as I spoke with Rattissia about her. Very Happy Later that evening she played with my hair and was much less intrudesive. I have Rattissia to thank for that. Am like so totally excited over this so I understand OTB feelings.

OTB I agree with Sharra. Just as my one visit was too much for me at the time your excitment over your new found talent could be equally much for your resident spirit.

I believe this is a learning curve we're both faced with but in time we'll both learn to balance it.

Have a wonderful day. Very Happy

Topper [talking]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:03 pm

I wonder if my over-exuberance is from the excitement of my experiences, or is my ability stronger than I would have ever thought? Yep, it is a huge learning curve for me. I really didn't type with much emotion, or try too terribly hard to connect - it comes rather easily much of the time now. I have been told I can be a bit intense before. I am not aware it is happening. Wow. I must learn to harness this. Could be the new moon. [ghost]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:15 pm

I forgot to turn something off in the maintenance room and I would have gotten in big trouble for not having done it. I closed the door and was walking away with the intent of leaving. I turned my back and there was a huge crash in the maint. room. I opened the door thinking the metal shelves had colapsed or fallen over. Turned in the light nothing out of place walked around behind the machines looking around when I noticed I had left a machine on. Then I understood, and said thank you about 10 times, and told my new friend it didn't have to stay in the maintenance room it could hang out in the boss's office and move his stuff around.***giggle***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Sharra1515 wrote:
I forgot to turn something off in the maintenance room and I would have gotten in big trouble for not having done it. I closed the door and was walking away with the intent of leaving. I turned my back and there was a huge crash in the maint. room. I opened the door thinking the metal shelves had colapsed or fallen over. Turned in the light nothing out of place walked around behind the machines looking around when I noticed I had left a machine on. Then I understood, and said thank you about 10 times, and told my new friend it didn't have to stay in the maintenance room it could hang out in the boss's office and move his stuff around.***giggle***

Pretty cool, I must say! I wonder why your spirit is there? My resident made a huge noise in our basement to try and get my attention. There was nothing out of place, nothing fell. Yours is very helpful and thoughtful - you ought to try and talk to it somehow. Could it be the ghost in your house that likes to play games with coins? He could have gone with you to work. Too, too cool! [ghost]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 pm

lol! @telling it to go scare your boss. [ghostly] Classic.

As for trying too hard I dont think that they get scared away just because you're asking questions. There's give and take on all relationships. Just remember that they are just like people with a body. Some days we want to talk. Some we dont. Just because you don't get a response now doesn't mean you wont later. Sometimes they'll contact you first sometimes you'll contact them. Just be patient with them like they are trying to be with you. Also, don't keep them on speed dial too much. If you want to work on this more try talking to several different spirits instead of just a few. If they've been dead for a while (like this one who died in 1850) you need to realize they might be just as overwhelmed that you can hear them as you are excited to hear them. If he's been deceased for 161 years and you're the first person that's alive and can hear him it might cause a reaction to him as well. Maybe he's off trying to find relatives to see if any of them can hear him as well. You might have him come back but he also might not. Having had spirits interact with me for most of my life I can say that most of them come and go as they wish. Just like the living. In and out of life at certain points.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paranormalga.forumotion.com
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm

They wanted to talk to me this morning - I had the tingly head that lets me know. Anyway, Peter was there as was his sister and my grandfather. I did not push. I need to learn to say one at a time please! I apologized and they forgave me. I guess they understand that this is new for me. Thanks for the shoulder and the advice. I'm sure it will calm down as I gain experience. This is like raising kids - everyday is a new experience and ya never know what's gonna happen! Shocked

How do I connect with other spirits? I ask who is here and it's my usual ones. Do I ask to speak with someone new just like I was asking for introductions at some function? So many questions, I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Well you could tell your spirits that you have and you know are trustworthy to bring some friends over for you to practice talking to.

I, personally, hold a open door policy with really only 2 rules. First is nothing with bad intent can be within 20 feet of myself, my kids, my house and my car. (I think I've stated that in other posts as well, but just in case you didn't read those I put it here again hehe) Second if the spirit is coming in my house they must help uphold my rules. This way not only am I a barrier but they are too. Many spirits come and go and like the atmosphere of being welcome here. It's like a retreat if you will. Sleep So they don't want to be blocked out. With my rules though I know that even if something did try to enter against the rules and the spirits couldn't stop it that I most likely could. I'm a bit of a "bitch and a badass" when it comes to dealing with people who don't want to play nice.

My friend who I mentioned in another thread that hears spirits more often then I do has told me she's heard mass "sorry" before when I tell spirits that are being intrusive to back off. hehe. Topper mentioned the bit about regulating her spirit too. I'm pretty good at being enforcing hehe. (why can I see my friend Casey coming on here and giving me a smart ass comment to this lol..)

Thinking about it, I think it would be good to allow your spirits to regulate who comes in for a bit. I don't want anyone coming in and upsetting your sons balance. Tell your spirits that they can bring in one or two each for a temporary visit to see how it goes with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paranormalga.forumotion.com
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm

RATTISSIA wrote:
Well you could tell your spirits that you have and you know are trustworthy to bring some friends over for you to practice talking to.

I, personally, hold a open door policy with really only 2 rules. First is nothing with bad intent can be within 20 feet of myself, my kids, my house and my car. (I think I've stated that in other posts as well, but just in case you didn't read those I put it here again hehe) Second if the spirit is coming in my house they must help uphold my rules. This way not only am I a barrier but they are too. Many spirits come and go and like the atmosphere of being welcome here. It's like a retreat if you will. Sleep So they don't want to be blocked out. With my rules though I know that even if something did try to enter against the rules and the spirits couldn't stop it that I most likely could. I'm a bit of a "bitch and a badass" when it comes to dealing with people who don't want to play nice.

My friend who I mentioned in another thread that hears spirits more often then I do has told me she's heard mass "sorry" before when I tell spirits that are being intrusive to back off. hehe. Topper mentioned the bit about regulating her spirit too. I'm pretty good at being enforcing hehe. (why can I see my friend Casey coming on here and giving me a smart ass comment to this lol..)

Thinking about it, I think it would be good to allow your spirits to regulate who comes in for a bit. I don't want anyone coming in and upsetting your sons balance. Tell your spirits that they can bring in one or two each for a temporary visit to see how it goes with him.

I will try this. I will also ask whoever comes to leave my son alone, to please talk only to me. Since it's in my head anyway, maybe they would listen. The shadows don't bother him. I would welcome all who respect my space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I be trying too hard?   

Back to top Go down

Can I be trying too hard?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc :: Paranormal Discussions :: Spirit (Ghost) discussions-
Jump to: