This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

USA PRESIDENTS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cavelady

PostSubject: USA PRESIDENTS.   Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:14 pm

bounce HELLO EVERYONE! I've noticed on here there's quite a few from the grand ol' US of A, & what a mighty & magnificent country she is too!

It got me thinking to USA Presidents -who is your favourite, past or present?

Mine has got to be Abraham Lincoln! One of the reasons is because he hated any form of animal cruelty & had several pets of his own!

The man who killed him was the brother of the one who saved Abe's life when they were kids!

He was a gentleman with a lovely sense of humour & once said, when accused of being two-faced 'if I was two faced, would I have chosen this one?!'

He grew the beard because a penpal put him up to the challenge but I think away from the beard he was actually quite handsome.

Who is your favourite? Own up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Welcome Cavelady!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 am

Welcome Cavelady. We are very slow right now. This is a great group, very knowledgeable and helpful. I pop in daily, just don't always post.

My favorite president, hands down, is Franklin Roosevelt. He lead this country through the Great Depression and WWII. He did not let his disability stop him. Roosevelt did not let Congress walk all over him - he got things done - no ifs, ands, or buts! LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southerncharm

PostSubject: Re: USA PRESIDENTS.   Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 am

It would be a toss up for me between John Adams and Jefferson, both very smart but with very different personalities.
SC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wendy18

PostSubject: Good Topic   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

I would like to say President Franklin Roosevelt as well. My older family liked him, but actually said that his wife did a great deal to bring the people courage. He was unable to do a lot of travel, so she dealt with the public. Smile

Hence my sig: alien
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USA PRESIDENTS.   

Back to top Go down

USA PRESIDENTS.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1