Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Thought on the here after.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
southerncharm

southerncharm

A New Thought on the here after. Empty
PostSubject: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 am

I was reading through one of the journals of Savannahblue, and I gather she believed that when a person first passes over they have enough energy to appear to loved ones before moving on into another phase.

After this initial burst of energy they have to say goodbye to love ones, they then go through a cleansings process during which they either are not allowed or do not have the energy to appear. This cleansing process is very intense and requires tremedous energy from the spirit.

After the cleansing they may be given a choices as to to stay to comfort, bring messages for look after love ones; to go on to a final resting place.

I only wish she had left more detail on this subject. I know in all her years she never met an evil spirit, there were demons, and some ill tempered spiriuts but noo true evil spirits. Perhaps that was where the cleansings came in perhaps some were able to progress further than others, I know she believed we still had free will so maybe some dropped out before completing the process.

I would love to hear others thoughts on this subject.

Southern Charm

For those new who did not know Savannahblue she was a very gifted medium up until her death in her 80s. She was investigating and writing on the subject of the paranormal from the 1930s as a young girl.
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:39 am

I really would have liked to talk to her. She passed just as I came on the first board.

I think it must be a choice to free themselves of their not so nice human foibles.

I will use my Dad as an example. He was not evil by any stretch of the imagination - he was sick. I am certain he was bipolar II. He was a mean natured alcoholic as well. I think life happened too quickly for him. My parents had 4 kids in quick succession - by the time they were 25 and 24. Whew! His family is Irish catholic and his mother didn't accept my Mom because she was not catholic. We were not fully accepted by her either, and I think that had a profound influence on my Dad's psyche. He didn't start drinking heavily until I was 9 or 10, but I was kid, what did I know? The marriage disintegrated. He was abusive to my mom and us - he would have sexually abused me(with his sleazy alchcy friend) if my mom had not come in at that exact moment. Anyway....

My dad died in 1999 at the age of 64. He had cirrhosis and lung cancer. I was angry and hurt, and hadn't spoken to him in many years. I did not attend his funeral. This past year his spirit came to me along with his helper spirit. He came to me to say he was sorry and to ask for my forgiveness - I had forgiven him long ago. He needed to make apologies and ask forgiveness in order to progress. He said he was happy and he was not sick anymore. I know he was sincere, because of the way I felt.

I do think it was his choice to progress and rid himself of the bad things. Even one of my spirit guides told me to limit my contact with him because he had much work to do and they didn't want him to stray from that. What a profound experience that was. So, yeah, free will and choice - I agree 100% with Savannahblue.

Last edited by onetruebeliever on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
southerncharm

southerncharm

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:53 am

Savannahblue was truly gifted, and as I read through her journals I am amazed at her insight. As well as I knew her there were things she never shared on the after life.

I am so glad you were able to forgive your father, perhaps after the cleansing he was able to appear to you, but as as your guides say he still may have more work to do to be fully cleansed of his pass life before he moves to the next phase of work.
SC
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 am

It was my son's manic depressive disorder that helped me to accept that my father was ill too. Deep down, somewhere inside, he knew what he was doing, but he had no control over the cycles and his actions. I am so grateful that I could forgive. That forgiveness has made me a better person, a better daughter, a better wife and mother.
Back to top Go down
southerncharm

southerncharm

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:46 pm

onetruebeliever wrote:
It was my son's manic depressive disorder that helped me to accept that my father was ill too. Deep down, somewhere inside, he knew what he was doing, but he had no control over the cycles and his actions. I am so grateful that I could forgive. That forgiveness has made me a better person, a better daughter, a better wife and mother.

You are blessed, as unforgiveness only hurts the one who refuses to forgive. Just because you forgive doesn't mean you forget or agree with the actions, it just releases you from the bitterness.
Back to top Go down
sweets65

sweets65

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello SC and OTB,
I agree with Savannahblue as well.
When my father died he came to me about 2 weeks later. After that it was years before I 'saw' him again but since then, I see him often. He even visits my sister at times even though she thinks anything to do with the paranormal is scary. I always have to reassure her 'it's just dad'.
I have read that it can take about 2 years for a spirit to be able to cross the veil and interact fully. This period is often referred to as a training time or cleansing. I can't remember who the author was, possibly Echo Bodine or Sylvia Brown.
I wish I had the discipline to journal everything the way Savannah did, I'm good at it for a while and then I get lazy.
Hope you're all doing well!!!
sweets
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey ya sweets! I wonder then, why it took my Dad so long. I realize I wasn't able to hear him and it took that long for me to acknowledge him. And I realize that our sense of time does not exist in the spirit plane. But it was just in the last year that I was told to limit my conversations with him because of his learning. That's 12 years. I wonder, did he heal his illnesses first and then start the cleansing , or is it that he was so damaged from his mental illness and all he had done that it had taken all these earth years to accomplish? Maybe he had to wait until I acknowledged him. But then what about all the people who can't acknowledge him? Hmmm.... Man, this is fascinating!
Back to top Go down
sweets65

sweets65

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm

lol, I love your enthusiasum!
I think it's possible your father may have been there all along but you were unable to hear him, you would hear him when the time was right for both of you.
I know we won't know for sure until we are there ourselves, but I do wonder if a more damaged soul wouldn't take longer through the process. As you said, physical illness and mentall illness etc., especially issues that created harm for others might take a bit longer to deal with.
sweets

Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks sweets. I can always rely on you all for good answers. Like you said, we won't know until we get there. I would think it would take longer for a damaged soul to be cleansed of that damage. I think it would have many layers to cleanse, unlike a physical illness. Think how long it takes to overcome issues through therapy on this plane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Thought on the here after.   A New Thought on the here after. Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Thought on the here after.
Page 1 of 1