Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luvchild

Luvchild

Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection Empty
PostSubject: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi all,

I would like to know what you all thought about these subjects? Do you believe that you do live more than one life? Do you meditate, or don't really think much about it? And do you believe that we do have the ability to leave our bodies and travel to anywhere in the world, even to our real home, the other side? Had I been asked these questions a couple of months ago I would have answered no to all of them.

I was raised in a Catholic home, even though I never felt at home in the Catholic church, and then I moved to Georgia with my family where I was introduced to bible study groups and youth groups through the friends I made. Which ultimately shaped me into a conservative Christian. So all my life I was raised, taught, and influenced to believe in a heaven and hell, demons and angels, the sinner and the godly, and the solid foundation that anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again is doomed to hell.

I didn't realize how much my mind was closed, and it really was. I wouldn't allow myself to believe anything other than what was chiseled into my head all my life.

I believe in past lives now, I never thought I would say that, but I do. It makes so much sense to me, we can't learn everything in just one lifetime, and someday I hope to find out what a few or even just one of those past lives were. I also believe that we tend to choose to have some of those people from our past lives with us in our current lives too.

I've tried and rather enjoy meditation, so far for the benefits the deep relaxation does for me physically. As someone who has a hard time letting things that bother me go, who tends to fight road rage on a daily bases, and who has back issues a lot, meditation really, REALLY helps.

And lastly, Astral Projection. Wow! If nothing else, this alone can truly stir some curiosity in a religiously closed minded person that I was. I have only astral traveled while I slept, and most of the time I don't remember doing it, but those very vivid dreams that I do have and remember, those dreams that happen in order instead of a mess of stuff that make no sense, I found are my astral travel experiences. How fascinating that we can escape from our bodies for awhile.

As for my Christian roots, I haven't strayed too far from them, but I certainly can't call myself a conservative Christian anymore, perhaps a liberal one? Who knows, to be honest with you I never cared to have my beliefs labeled in the first place, we're all living souls here to learn and make the most of this lifetime, and we're all going to the same place when we're done here.

Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey luvchild! How are ya? I absolutely, beyond a doubt. believe that I have lived before. I have always felt that I was Celt that lived sometime during the Dark Ages. I had a past life dream about that. I asked my spirit guide a while back about it and he said yes, I was a female living in a Druidic clan in Ireland during the Dark Ages - I was healer in my village. Between the 400's and the 1600's is my intense, almost obsessive, historical interest. I think I have lived many lives during that time. 1920's-1930's America is my next feeling of having been there.

My son is reincarnated for sure - he had a very intense dream, very real, in which he was in another body, but it was him. This was not a typical feeling dream. He was a soldier during WWII, either a Nazi or a French Resistance Fighter. He is not sure. He can translate German, but does not speak it, same with French. He can even translate a bit of Finnish, and Danish but cannot speak it. He did something horrible, but he doesn't know what. My husband and I are true soulmates - we had to have known each other in a past life. I do not know what we were to each other though.

I have just in the last couple of months learned to meditate, but if I'm too tense, I cannot do it sufficiently to make any connections. It is relaxing. That is the only way so far that I can communicate with my spirits. Practice makes perfect.

I do not know if I have experienced astral projection or not. I dream of flying sometimes, but not recently, and last nite I heard myself hollering in my dream like I was hurt or falling or something. Maybe reentering my body? Not sure what that was about. I do not remember most of my dreams. I think that would be a wonderful, free experience to be able to go anywhere we wanted to. Maybe it's practice for living in the spirit world.

I am not, or have I ever been religious. I went to Sunday school and the whole bit when I little, but it never "took" LOL. I have always been interested in the occult and the spirit world. I buried my abilities pretty deep to appease my family and they have just recently been unburied. Religion was created by man to explain the unexplainable and if one believes, then fine. If one doesn't believe, that is fine too. No one has the right to label another person because he or she doesn't think the same way. Knowing what I know now, it really doesn't make any difference what you believe - like you said- we will all go to the same place in the end.

Later edit - I am convinced I lived during Rome's power - late, most likely as a conquered people(slave).
Back to top Go down
Luvchild

Luvchild

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 pm

onetruebeliever wrote:
Hey luvchild! How are ya? I absolutely, beyond a doubt. believe that I have lived before. I have always felt that I was Celt that lived sometime during the Dark Ages. I had a past life dream about that. I asked my spirit guide a while back about it and he said yes, I was a female living in a Druidic clan in Ireland during the Dark Ages - I was healer in my village. Between the 400's and the 1600's is my intense, almost obsessive, historical interest. I think I have lived many lives during that time. 1920's-1930's America is my next feeling of having been there.

Hi one! I'm doing great, I hope you are too. I think it is great that you were able to learn something about one of your past lives. I definitely believe that most people have lived more than a dozen lives, maybe even 20-40 lives before this one. How interesting that you used to be a healer, that had to be exciting for you when you first learned of it. I would love to know about one of my past lives, and since I am very new to all of this, and just now aware that I have a spirit guide, I would like to know how to communicate with him/her. I tried a regression hypnosis video on youtube to see if I could recall any past life memories, but my consciousness just wasn't having it, I couldn't be hypnotized. Hypnotism was also something that I would have never had tried until now, because I was taught to believe that while under hypnosis our bodies were vulnerable to evil spirits that may want to inhabit it for awhile.

Quote :
My son is reincarnated for sure - he had a very intense dream, very real, in which he was in another body, but it was him. This was not a typical feeling dream. He was a soldier during WWII, either a Nazi or a French Resistance Fighter. He is not sure. He can translate German, but does not speak it, same with French. He can even translate a bit of Finnish, and Danish but cannot speak it. He did something horrible, but he doesn't know what.

I certainly can believe this. How old is your son? I understand that we still obtain memory of our previous lives, and memory of the other side when we are born and that memory fades the older we get. If you ask a child say at the age of 4 or 5, who they were in their last life, they just might know and can tell you, and in a matter of fact kind of way.

Quote :
My husband and I are true soul mates - we had to have known each other in a past life. I do not know what we were to each other though.

I don't know if my husband and I are soul mates, kindred spirits definitely. I really believe that we were together in a past life, maybe more than one life, we had to have been. There has to be a reason I chose to have him as my husband in this life, and I would love so much to be able to know. I also feel that I may have been a male in a past life, I have had dreams that seem to suggest it. I have thought about getting professionally hypnotized to find out, but frankly, I am afraid that hypnotism won't work on me.

Quote :
I have just in the last couple of months learned to meditate, but if I'm too tense, I cannot do it sufficiently to make any connections. It is relaxing. That is the only way so far that I can communicate with my spirits. Practice makes perfect.

I have only used meditation as a relaxation tool so far, but I would like to learn how to use it to communicate with my spirit guide. But I am sure that it can wait, I probably should keep it simple for now and learn more of this gradually. I now realize that it was my spirit guide who told me as I looked at a picture of my husband, who was someone I had just met at that time, that he was the man I was going to marry. At the time I just dismissed it as a random thought, but realized later that I had never had a thought like that about anybody else, so why then? I've also learned that during the "I have a bad feeling about this.." moments, that's a good chance it is our spirit guide warning us to go a different direction.

Quote :
I do not know if I have experienced astral projection or not. I dream of flying sometimes, but not recently, and last nite I heard myself hollering in my dream like I was hurt or falling or something. Maybe reentering my body? Not sure what that was about. I do not remember most of my dreams. I think that would be a wonderful, free experience to be able to go anywhere we wanted to. Maybe it's practice for living in the spirit world.

From what I've read around the internet, dreams of flying are possible astral traveling, and if you have ever experienced sleep paralysis, that is another indication of astral travel, the paralysis feeling is often experienced when our souls are returning to the body. Our souls and our subconscious know how to astral travel, I think it is our gullible consciousness that prevents us from doing it so easily. When we sleep, that's when our subconscious can come alive without being inhibited by the clueless consciousness. I've read that most people astral travel an average of a few times a week, they just don't have any recollection of it when they awake, it was just another dream to most of us. When I think about it, I have had some very vivid and memorable dreams that to this day I still remember, maybe not as well as I did then, but they haven't faded away like most dreams do five minutes after I wake up.

I would like to learn how to astral travel without going to sleep, this is supposedly possible.

Quote :
I am not, or have I ever been religious. I went to Sunday school and the whole bit when I little, but it never "took" LOL. I have always been interested in the occult and the spirit world.

I agree, while I have never considered myself religious, I have and still think of myself as simply a child of God. Why should I be called anything else? Just so people have an idea of what my beliefs are? And I have always been interested in the spirit world and the paranormal, I've just realized that these interests are nothing to be ashamed of. While my church was encouraging us not to entertain ourselves with thoughts of ghosts, and these paranormal tv shows, I was watching them anyway because I couldn't help it, they intrigued me.

Quote :
I buried my abilities pretty deep to appease my family and they have just recently been unburied.

I don't have abilities, none than I am aware of, but I did hide my desire to expand my spiritual growth. My mother never wanted me to stray from the Catholic church, but I did anyway because I had found a church that I was more comfortable going to, but all hell broke loose between her and I because of it. So a simple book about prayer I kept hidden away from her just to avoid any confrontations. Can you believe that? You would think any mother would be happy to know that their daughter is staying out of trouble by getting involved more in church instead of drug dealing or getting pregnant. So up until now I've shied away from exploring other spiritual phenomenons in fear of the negative feedback I may get from those close to me.

Quote :
Religion was created by man to explain the unexplainable and if one believes, then fine. If one doesn't believe, that is fine too. No one has the right to label another person because he or she doesn't think the same way. Knowing what I know now, it really doesn't make any difference what you believe.

I agree with every word. I used to think that if one wasn't a Christian, they weren't going to heaven. That's it. Now I have respect for all faiths and religious practices, well, except for those that encourage violence and suicide bombings, and protesting at dead solders funerals with signs saying they are in hell. You are right, it really doesn't make a difference what you believe, we're all God's children.

Quote :
Later edit - I am convinced I lived during Rome's power - late, most likely as a conquered people(slave).

So this life is much more enjoyable for you, I hope?
Back to top Go down
lily1801

PostSubject: RE: Reincarnation and the Bible   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:44 am

There are a few convincing Texts in the Bible that point to reincarnation:

1) Matthew 11,14 and 17,12-13, concerning the identity of John the Baptist;
2) John 9,2, "Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?";
3) John 3,3, "No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again";
4) James 3,6, "the wheel of nature";
5) Galatians 6,7, "A man reaps what he sows";
6) Matthew 26,52, "all who draw the sword will die by the sword";
7) Revelation 13,10, "If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed."

There is a possibility that to Jesus and his followers, reincarnation was a common belief. At the
fifth ecumenical council, held in Constantinople in the year AD 553, the original Biblical texts were literally edited to suit the Church and Government.
which were basically the same entity. It was far easier to control the people with a "single life" concept, and a Heaven and Hell. Many people were illiterate, writings scarce, and texts copied by hand. IMHO they just used the Biblical texts, which were in Ancient Hebrew, Latin and Greek, to suit their needs.

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 am

lily1801 wrote:

7) Revelation 13,10, "If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed."

There is a possibility that to Jesus and his followers, reincarnation was a common belief. At the
fifth ecumenical council, held in Constantinople in the year AD 553, the original Biblical texts were literally edited to suit the Church and Government.
which were basically the same entity. It was far easier to control the people with a "single life" concept, and a Heaven and Hell. Many people were illiterate, writings scarce, and texts copied by hand. IMHO they just used the Biblical texts, which were in Ancient Hebrew, Latin and Greek, to suit their needs.
Very Happy Very Happy

I did read about that. Most scholars agree that the cultures at the time did believe in reincarnation. Up until the Christian era it was a commonly held belief. So much was mistranslated and just plain old rewritten. There are hundreds of texts we will never be privy to. I wholeheartedly agree with you. lily that the texts were used for their own agendas. Control of the masses - that was very successful until recent years. People have instantaneous access to information and are not afraid to question anymore. It truly angers me that human beings can be so hateful and discriminatory over an ideology - a man made one at that.

A real life example of that discrimination is my Dad's family - his mother in particular. She was a devout, old school, Irish Catholic. Her family was raised in the church. My mother was not Catholic so when my parents married, she was angry. She would see my Dad, but my Mom was not welcome. When we kids came along the relationship was strained even further. Part of the family embraced us, part did not. We were not raised Catholic. Grandma did not remotely like us and had little to do with us. Because we did not think as she did, she removed us from her life. How ridiculous is that?
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: For Luvchild   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:50 am

Quote :
I would like to know how to communicate with him/her.

This was my first attempt at communicating with the spirit world. It took me several tries, but I just kept asking for my spirit guide to come to me. Eventually he did. I had achieved the proper level of concentration. I do not go into a deep meditation. When I get there, I see swirling colors of black and purple, sometimes a point of white light in the center. I asked him to make my body tingle somewhere so I knew he was there. I was not sure if I was making it up or it was real.

I asked his name and how old he was, where he lived, that sort of thing. I know he and my other guides and spirits are with me, because I get tingly, my head in particular. I did get affirmation of his existence through my Mom. After my contact, I asked her if she remembered if I had an imaginary friend when I was small. I purposely did not tell her his name. I remembered a Simon. She said I did and his name was Simon or Simeon. My guide's name is Simeon.

Quote :
. How old is your son?

My son is now 23. He had this dream almost two years ago. He said the dream was very real, not like a regular dream is, like he was living in the moment. He felt horrible when he woke. He feels he is doing penance for his actions in that life. He is manic depressive in this life. He is sensitive to the spirit world as well.

Can you imagine traveling while you are not in the dream state? The wonders we would see! I hope you get the chance to experience it.

Rome is another extreme, intense area of interest for me. When I read and see things, it is like I know - like I have been there and experienced. Sometimes I have a recognition of a place or building. It is very weird. This is all very new to me as well and I learn something everyday. Smile

Back to top Go down
Luvchild

Luvchild

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:27 pm

lily1801 wrote:

I can believe this now, but a few months ago I wouldn't have. I never knew the bible had been edited, that's something else my church never mentioned. The scriptures can and are interpreted in so many ways that I have to just take what I can from it and listen to what seems right in my heart. I believe that among the changes was that of our merciful, loving and forgiving God into a wrathful one. I have always never fully believed that our God could be so harsh on His children that he was supposed to love unconditionally. This scary wrathful God we read about never seemed right to me, and I stopped believing that was Him a long time ago.

Back to top Go down
lily1801

PostSubject: Hi Luvchild, OTB   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Government has used Religion to control the Masses. Even today. Look at Islamic sects. It is not uncommon.
I am not ashamed to believe in reincarnation, or something like it.
To me it just "feels" correct, and I will not even get into the quantum thing. If it feels right it just resonates with your soul.

cheers
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:42 pm

lily1801 wrote:
Government has used Religion to control the Masses. Even today. Look at Islamic sects. It is not uncommon.
I am not ashamed to believe in reincarnation, or something like it.
To me it just "feels" correct, and I will not even get into the quantum thing. If it feels right it just resonates with your soul.

cheers

Yep, I was speaking of "the church", not taking into consideration Islam. There really is no differentiation between their religion and their government. In it's pure, unfanatical form, Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion. I have not read the Koran, so I speak only from what I have learned. Fanatical Christians are just as bad as any fanatical group. It bothers me a great deal that our own government kowtows to the religious right so vigorously. I wonder if they would be so accommodating if the groups stopped filling the coffers? Live and let live, or mind your own beeswax, is how I try to live my life. But if someone pushes my buttons I get mad.

Reincarnation does feel right, but if one chooses not to believe that's the way of things, so be it. What I think is what matters, not what someone else thinks. Very Happy Isn't it great to have a site like this that understands us?
Back to top Go down
Luvchild

Luvchild

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:30 pm

onetruebeliever wrote:

Reincarnation does feel right, but if one chooses not to believe that's the way of things, so be it. What I think is what matters, not what someone else thinks. Very Happy Isn't it great to have a site like this that understands us?

I must say that I've gotten more answers on why we are here from the source I've been reading from than I have ever received from my church, and I am relieved to know those answers and look forward to learning more about why I've chosen this life.

And YES, it is so nice to have a site like this to discuss these things, where I know I won't be judge or criticized, or trolled. I've really had a need to talk about this with others and knew I'd be safe doing it here. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection   Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection Empty

Back to top Go down

Meditation, Past Lives, maybe even Astral Projection
Page 1 of 1