This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hope the Bunny was good to everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 am

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to everyone! If it would only quit raining!! The sun actually showed itself for a full couple of seconds yesterday - twice! There is hope after all. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:15 pm

My kids were thrilled with what they got. It always makes me smile when they make comments like "The easter bunny only brought us a little at nicks (my ex) but brought a lot here!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paranormalga.forumotion.com
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:34 pm

I miss having little ones. My kids used to get so excited. They enjoyed finding their baskets and all the eggs. Well not always all the eggs....... I started making a list when they got older because the hiding places got harder. One Easter, our dog found one of my oldest's baskets and ate some of the goodies in it. He liked hard boiled eggs, too. I learned to hide up after that. On the bright side - I don't buy it anymore and save some dough. I'd rather be spending it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Yeah, it's fun to see them. If you miss seeing the excitement of it theres always the opportunity there to do volunteer work. I used to work in a retirement center and people would come in and do holiday events with the residents-many of which didn't have regular visitors. The excitement of a surprise or even a planned event always put a spring in their step. Plus as much as this might sound bad, sometimes it's more fun to make a strangers day a little happier then someone you're in contact with on a regular basis. Makes it extra special to see the appreciation when you have no obligation to do it. Smile

I also find the same sort of a thrill sending out packages of things. I recently joined a website-http://www.swap-bot.com where you sign up for swaps and send stuff out (and receive things back). I must warn you it's addictive. I think I need to stop for a few days. I've spent over $40 this month just on postage let alone the stuff from inside the packages.

I have gotten some fun stuff back. Not all of the packages are great but beauty is in the eye of the holder so not everyone is going to love everything from everyone else. MOST are great though! A lot of very thoughtful people on there.

I enjoy doing the swaps with my children as they get just as excited for those as they do for some of the little holiday things.

Back to top Go down
Ussula

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:57 pm

when packin bunny baskets, i discovered my son had somehow already found and stolen his own easter bunny god only knows when....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 am

Ussula wrote:
when packin bunny baskets, i discovered my son had somehow already found and stolen his own easter bunny god only knows when....

They have a sixth sense about stuff we hide, I think. When mine stopped believing in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, they would do search and rescue missions. Too bad, because they just weren't surprised and it kind of ruined it for them.

One year I hid some of my oldest's Christmas gifts so well, it was July before I found them. LOL, They were Transformers and I had gotten several (bought them early as I saw them) and I just forgot how many there were. Try explaining to a 7 year old why Mommy found some toys on her closet shelf buried in blankets!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 pm

hehe poor thing.

I give my kids gifts but dont always wrap them. They searched for them a few years back and I caught them searching. I told them that if they searched for the gifts again that I'd return them to the store and keep the money for myself. LOL I also boogy trap my hiding spots so that I know if they're being looked for. lol..I'm so bad. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope the Bunny was good to everyone   

Back to top Go down

Hope the Bunny was good to everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1