Paranormal talks- Paranormal Shows, Empaths, Clairvoyants, Evp, etc

This months artwork is contributed by Sharra1515

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Movies discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Movies discussion   Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:36 pm

i figure we should have a post where we can discuss movies so i made one hahaaha.
i enjoy horror movies the best my favorite is halloween 1978 the new ones are really good but not compared to the original.
what started my love for horror movies was watching them on halloween night i was so little and so scared but it was stuck with me since my second favorite is The Burbs its not really a horror movies but when i was 7 it scared the jeepers out of me .
Back to top Go down
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 am

My favorite movies are old movies - like 1930's and 40's. 1939 was the absolute best year for movies. I also love historical movies, aka, Braveheart, Robin Hood, WWII, ones like that. Most of the time the history is accurate, but the timeline is skewed, or they completely rewrite the history to make it more interesting. The 1950's , moving into the early 60's, is the worst decade for movies. Too preachy. The 70's got too experimental and weird.

I am not a fan of "chick flicks", but occasionally one comes out that's cute. If the horror movie is well done, I will watch it and enjoy it, but (my opinion only) most are cheesy and silly (just me). I do not like violence and gore just for the shock value. For me, a psychological themed movie is much more thrilling. If it has a real place in the story, okay. But I am older. I love to read horror stories, tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onetruebeliever

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm

I saw a movie on TCM last nite from 1937 about a reporter breaking a murder story involving a crooked cult based on spirits. I thought that was kind of funny a premise, but it was also propaganda against cults of the time - people would do just about anything to have a place to stay and food in their tummies. The writer and director were going for the outrageousness of cults - what could be more outrageous than spirits telling people what to do! Funny.

I saw one the other day from 1932 about a young newlywed who wanted to work. Talk about propaganda! This movie clearly stated throughout that a woman's place was at home to take of her husband and raise babies. I thought that one was funny because of the way things are now. Of course her marriage was a disaster.

Old movies are great history and sociology lessons. I also watched the 1968 The Planet of the Apes. It was better than I remembered it. Preachy, but well intended. I did like this version better than the newer one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharra1515

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I like SciFi, horror, action, adventure, historical, comedy, maybe a chic flick once in awhile. Favorite movie? I can't choose there are so many.But one that made an impression I would have to say Jaws If I go to the beach I only dip my toes and make sand castles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I like all kinds of movies. From classics (arsenic and old lace is fabulous!) to newer ones. Horror to love stories. Occult movies (Love rocky horror picture show and little shop of horrors!) to movies with a religious tone (the animated Prince of Egypt is a good one-not a ton of religion but still some in it due to the story line). I also like to watch instructional videos. Comedy to drama. etc Smile

I have to say that my favorite movie of all time is Real Genius! It's a old '80's movie. It was one of Val Kilmores earlier movies. It's full of TONS of smart ass sarcastic humor. I adore it.

Some movies I grew up on that I still really enjoy (and like to share with my kids) are Labyrinth, the last unicorn, Little shop of horrors, Legend, etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paranormalga.forumotion.com

PostSubject: movies   Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm

i really like to watch and support canadian made horror movies because its young up and comers and honestly they arent that bad hahaahahhaha
i like most horror movies from the 60s up form whati grew up on but i'm only 27 so i will have to watch some older ones and see what you guys are talking about.
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

@dean bah u made me feel old. lol im only 2 years older than you.. i just watch a lot of stuff. I grew up snuggling in for movies with my parents so I got used to watching all kinds of movies. Smile

I have to take horror movies in strides...I have a tendency to be very...hmm how to put this...proactive about safety. I have a hard time not yelling at the screen for the people who are in the screen to turn around and turn the people hunting them into the victims. Turn the hunter into the hunted kind of thing. so..yea...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: rattissa   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:24 pm

lol i knew that came off wrong after i hit sent i was like yup thats gonna be taking the wrong way lol.
well iyts hard not to be like that when they make people to be so stupid its so obvious DONT GO IN THERE but they do anyway and get muled to death hahaahah so i completely understand lol
Back to top Go down
RATTISSIA
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:20 pm

hehe its all good hun Smile but yea..i get flustered with the whole why dont you just get them first then you dont need to run sort of a thing. Plus I've got a pretty good knack at guessing who the killer is right at the beginning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:26 pm

lol ahhh your that type eh hahaah thats exactly like my father oh ya hes got it right from the start or at the end i knew it was him the whole time ahhahaha ya right
Back to top Go down
lily1801

PostSubject: RE:movies   Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I like Zombieland. Woody Harrellson looking for the lastt Twinkie on earth still humbles me.

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cavelady

PostSubject: SPOOKY!   Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello Guest. I'm 47 & have loved horror since I was 5! I'd watch the old greats like Peter Cushing, Bela Lugosi etc then in later years Antony Perkins etc etc.

Favourites include Psycho, Wolf Creek, Texas Chainsaw Massacre/Leatherface, Predator, & another, can't remember the name but it was a 'family' of twisted cannibals in the woods who would pounce on unsuspecting hikers/campers & one of the actors who played one of the main cannibals was a teacher or something in Harry Potter.

Also loved Shadowchaser 3 & The Snow Beast too.

affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies discussion   

Back to top Go down

Movies discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1